Covenant U23
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covenant U23

Alliance forum for U23 Ogame

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application

Go down 
+4
DarKYiNe
Zaphnafein
Shurr
Amaranth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Silt DeC

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Style of Play: Working on it. Thinking of staying neutral for spell while I get a better grip on the game and acquire better mines, etc. This is only day two for me, after all.
Where I live: Massachusetts, Eastern Time Zone
Galaxy: My single planet is in Galaxy 1.
Prev. Alliance: None.
COV Member: I know none, but live close to No Name

Obviously I am a new player: this is my first Universe even. It might seem foolish for me to apply here, but I am looking to progress myself beyond what meager start I have been given. By applying here I hope to gain entry to an alliance that can cover my back as I increase my growth from day to day, as well as get some player specific tips if it is thought that I need any. In return you get a player who learns quickly and favors loyalty above all things. I will be rigorous in my growth and will prove that in time to come.

Personally I just think the game is very interesting and I feel like getting into an alliance early will help me out later on. Obviously if you feel a new member with almost nothing to his name will drag you down, I expect to be denied shortly.

Thanks for reading, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Amaranth
Admiral
Admiral
Amaranth

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:43 pm

we arent that much of selfish players Razz
we dont deny new players just cuz it will bring our avg points down.

usually, if weak (new) players are denied, its usually for their own good. we do have some enemies. very powerful enemies indeed. as a new player without fleet, defence or knowledge, u may soon find urself a target from our enemies.
so do think twice about which alliance to join.

as for ur application to Covenant, it will be dealt as seriously as any other applicants. we will discuss it, make a decision and get back to u via this forum post.
so check back here in a few days for our answer.

welcome to the game, U23, and GL.
Back to top Go down
https://covenantknights.forumotion.com
Shurr
Commodore
Commodore
Shurr

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 pm

HEy- advice from someone who has played alot of ogame quit now...they call it ocrack fora reason..but seriously nice to see some new bloood in uni23 Shocked

as amaranth said the best thing for you to do is join a smaller alliance were you will go more unoticed untill you learn to play, especially FS

i would make a suggestion to join URFw, they are our ally alliance have usually smaller players, with a few big players to help. and a whole nother alliance (URF) for support too.

http://urf23.darkbb.com/index.htm

Thats thier forums, and you will find people like me and ama over there aswell, Personally i think they are more new-player-freindly lots of guides, more active forums etc

so from me personally that is what i would suggest to you.
Back to top Go down
Amaranth
Admiral
Admiral
Amaranth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:33 pm

we dont necessarily have a wing like our allies URF. reason being, lack of communications btwn main and wing. but URF seems to be managing their wing quite well.

instead of a wing, we have a system where we keep around approx 5 low ranking players at a time, for awhile, until they can prove themselves to be useful to the alliance. in the meanwhile, we do try to help them out w useful tips and such. so it isnt a totally crazy idea for u to join us at such a low lvl.

but i do want u to think it over. think what it really means to join us. now that u know u might be targetted just for having a "Covenant" beside ur name.

if u r still up for joining us, we will discuss ur application.
Back to top Go down
Zaphnafein
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Zaphnafein

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:53 pm

If he is really adamate about joining us he could put up a few colonies near me and build an alliance depot, I would be more than happy to save him if need be with my fleet or such. I am always on via my blackberry so I could help him in that manner. Just thought Id put my 2 "cents" in with this one
Back to top Go down
Silt DeC

Application Empty
PostSubject: Interested   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:58 pm

I am still interested. I'm running two universes at once right now, one in 40 so it's multiplied speed, so hopefully I'm picking up what I need to know for both. Keep me in mind please, but I do understand it you choose to deny the application. Thanks for the consideration and tips.
Back to top Go down
Silt

Application Empty
PostSubject: Oopse   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 pm

This was supposed to go into the application thread, sorry!
Back to top Go down
DarKYiNe
Commodore
Commodore
DarKYiNe

Number of posts : 1402

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:38 pm

merged with silts last post

if u still want to join our ally, we will gladly accept u, as long as other members agree
Back to top Go down
Nok
Commodore
Commodore
Nok

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 am

I like zaphnafein's idea, maybe we could start a mentor's program sort of thing for this guy.

PLus, zaphnafein knows enough about the game to be able to tell him what to look for and consider when making new colonies. If he'd like to do the same I'd be more than happy to offer him my knowledge as well.

That being stated, all the knowledge in the world can't save you from a person with the resources to take down every planet you have. This might be a bit of a bumpy ride, but he'd be learning a lot.
Back to top Go down
TheLordReaper
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
TheLordReaper

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:29 am

Shurr wrote:

as amaranth said the best thing for you to do is join a smaller alliance were you will go more unoticed untill you learn to play, especially FS

i would make a suggestion to join URFw, they are our ally alliance have usually smaller players, with a few big players to help. and a whole nother alliance (URF) for support too.

http://urf23.darkbb.com/index.htm

Thats thier forums, and you will find people like me and ama over there aswell, Personally i think they are more new-player-freindly lots of guides, more active forums etc

so from me personally that is what i would suggest to you.

I love you >_>

If cov don't want you (not in a nasty way, but they do seem to cause trouble, lol) then yea apply to URFw Razz

zaphs idea is good though, we do that with some of our new guys, and I offered protection some the cov guys near my moons all the same Wink
Back to top Go down
Apollo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Apollo

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:50 pm

personally,, and for the record im (No Name) ill help you out if you do join cov.. and thats with some resorces and etc to get your mines up and maybe some defense. but as far as fleet goes.. thats gonna have to be zaphs job Razz as i have no fleet lmao, but since i am a miner i always have res laying around.. normally i just use whats left over in defense.

but send me a PM Ingame if you ever need anything, and if i can do it ill help you.

just stay active and grow.. and dont do like alot of people do.. dont big a fleet untill you can properly FS or rebuild if crashed..also.. dont build a fleet ( unless its a raiding fleet ( small of course)
untill you get moons...
Back to top Go down
Silt DeCrater
Ordinary Seaman
Ordinary Seaman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Application Empty
PostSubject: I don't mind   Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:24 pm

I don't mind signing up for Cov if they'll have me, I'm not too worried about being a target.

I'll keep on growing, and I'll keep active.

I really appreciate all the help!
Back to top Go down
Apollo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Apollo

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:51 pm

no problem mate. just we would like you to know the risks..instead of finding out after you joined.
Back to top Go down
Amaranth
Admiral
Admiral
Amaranth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:18 pm

Nok wrote:
I like zaphnafein's idea, maybe we could start a mentor's program sort of thing for this guy.

PLus, zaphnafein knows enough about the game to be able to tell him what to look for and consider when making new colonies. If he'd like to do the same I'd be more than happy to offer him my knowledge as well.

That being stated, all the knowledge in the world can't save you from a person with the resources to take down every planet you have. This might be a bit of a bumpy ride, but he'd be learning a lot.

yes, that mentor program u speak of is exactly what I had in mind when I dissolved the wing, and actively incorporated the midshipman rank.
i think we should keep around about 5 midshipmen, and we can help them build their accounts.

a thread is started in the recruiting centre, give ur opinions there.

and as for silt, give us a week to make a decision.
Back to top Go down
Silt DeCrater
Ordinary Seaman
Ordinary Seaman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:14 am

Absolutely, thank you for your consideration.
Back to top Go down
Amaranth
Admiral
Admiral
Amaranth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 4:26 am

put in an application ingame.
that way, once we decide to accept u (which is very highly likely) we can accept u ingame right away.
Back to top Go down
Amaranth
Admiral
Admiral
Amaranth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:43 pm

you have been accepted as our midshipman.

plz send in ur application ingame, so that we can accept u.

just in case u dont know how to apply,
go to galaxy view.
go to galazy 1:120
u will see Covenant beside my name.
move ur curser over it,
u will see "apply"
click on it. and a window will pop up, prompting u to write a msg. dont worry bout that, and just click submit.

hope to see u w us soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application
Page 1 of 1