Covenant U23
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covenant U23

Alliance forum for U23 Ogame

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Ogame board mods really suck ass

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dennyr123
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Empty
PostSubject: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 am

http://board.ogame.org/index.php?page=Thread&postID=8064400#post8064400

That mod is gonna tick me off and get cussed out on the forum so he can finally ban me from the board if he keeps nit picking.

I say "congrats shell !" and he sends me a warning because it was less than 3 words... That freakin prick.
Back to top Go down
ser_warlord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
ser_warlord

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 pm

No just foll0wing rules, sorry mate but ogame is tight so read the rules before you get banned
Back to top Go down
dennyr123
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 pm

ser_warlord wrote:
No just foll0wing rules, sorry mate but ogame is tight so read the rules before you get banned
I've got no use or intention to post on those boards again. I've had enough of the bull crap from a G.O and a mod recently to last a while. What I posted was congrats to shell, it did not bother, disrupt or antagonise anything or anyone. I did the same thing others have done and are doing except I did it with less words.
Back to top Go down
DarKYiNe
Commodore
Commodore
DarKYiNe

Number of posts : 1402
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:09 pm

ya.. they have strict rules
u will get a warning/ban if u dont follow it

just do what i do.. look but dont touch.. err write Razz
Back to top Go down
TheLordReaper
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
TheLordReaper

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 pm

I definitely did not recently get banned, for sure.

Honest.
Back to top Go down
Nok
Commodore
Commodore
Nok

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 am

There really are no rules to speak of on the board. The only rules worth remembering are that you have no authority, and that if you piss someone off, they will haunt you.

There are only a few options, one of which is to avoid posting. The other is to know every rule and be better at knowing the rules than the GOs, which is the one I prefer to go with. You can also ignore said warnings and do what you do. The only person i've ever seen get banned as a result of ignoring the board rules is bibas. Still not sure I agree with his banning.
Back to top Go down
DarKYiNe
Commodore
Commodore
DarKYiNe

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:21 am

TheLordReaper wrote:
I definitely did not recently get banned, for sure.

Honest.
of course not. u never get banned Very Happy

btw i dont even know why bibas got banned
Back to top Go down
TheLordReaper
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
TheLordReaper

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 am

Because the staff hate him silly. Seriously, when you moderate in a uni you don't play or care about, you definitely get these bias against people Wink

By this I mean for trolling. For LOTS of trolling.

N0K, GO's don't moderate, mods do (hence their rank name). n00b >_>
Back to top Go down
dennyr123
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am

well galactus clearly broke a rule and had I had a time machine Id have taken a screen shot of the heavy insult he posted on the ogame forums. He abused his forum privilages to edit his post after he posted it. He has the privilage level that he can go back and edit his post and it doesnt show he has edited his post. Then when you accuse him of insulting he can say "no i didnt" and his post still doesnt show as edited even though he did. I used to be a webhosting provider and I know that software they use well "burning board" I even did some customisations to that boards code. That's just the childish social engineering thats going on between at least one G.O and one mod. When it comes to forums and user ability I know 90% of them like the back of my hand. I hosted 1400+ websites and most of them did have forums of some sort. Just as I sold my business Joomla came out with a burning board module, of which implementation sometimes required editing and manipulating the programming of burning board. To sum it up, if he can edit his post like that,, beware he may still be able edit yours to.

Any time someone can edit a post on burning board and it doesnt show "this post has been edited blah blah" then someone is abusing privilages and probably wouldnt hesitate to edit yours to.

@TLR : Galactus either hacked or he has mod privilages.
If he doesn't have mod privilages I might would make sure you don't use the same password on the ogame board you do for your ogame account.
Back to top Go down
TheLordReaper
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
TheLordReaper

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:30 pm

GO's do NOT get any moderation ability. They do NOT get anything different, in terms of editing posts, than the common user.

He has no moderation rights at all. Also, it is easy to see, for staff, if a post has been modified. If you know their software tech as well as I do, you will know why.

Not defending him though, his attitude was terrible. Just saying what GOs can/can't do, and I was one remember Smile
Back to top Go down
dennyr123
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:07 am

then he hacked it, because he did edit his post without it showing "post edited : blah blah" after the insult. even more reason for me to stay off the forums.. certainly dont want him getting into my email or passwords etc..
Back to top Go down
TheLordReaper
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
TheLordReaper

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Paranoid much.

Just use an email addy you only use to sign up for such things, like me, not one you use actively.

For sure there are some dodgy things go on. However, the mod in our area is clean.
Back to top Go down
DarKYiNe
Commodore
Commodore
DarKYiNe

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:56 pm

why would anyone want to hack ogame board?

if i remember right if u post something and edit it fast enough it doesnt say it was editted.. thats what probably happened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Ogame board mods really suck ass   Some Ogame board mods really suck ass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Ogame board mods really suck ass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Covenant U23 :: Guests (For Everyone) :: SPAM-
Jump to: